- Favorite personal finance article/post. Healthcare is such a complicated topic. When I graduated from college and had my own health insurance for the first time, I made quite a few costly mistakes because I did not fully understand the intricacies of health insurance. I found this article about healthcare basics from The Finance girl to be a great overview for those just learning about health insurance.
- Favorite non-personal finance article/post. I’m still learning about the blog world, and I’ve been reading up on how to get my blog started on the right foot. I found this article about how to increase blog traffic to be very informative and useful. I look forward to applying some of these tips and seeing how they work!
- Favorite thing I did this week. Remember when you were a kid and had a coloring book? Well now they make coloring books for adults, too. And this week, I bought my very own adult coloring book (kinda like this one). And it is awesome. It is full of “zen” patterns (for real, the book is called “zen”) and there really is something therapeutic about coloring inside the lines. I think I’ve found a great new stress spending avoidance technique!
- Favorite recipe. We’re more than halfway through our time in Paris. I’m loving our time here but at some point during a trip I always reach a “foreign food breaking point” and that definitely happened this week. BF and I even went to an American diner-style restaurant for cheeseburgers the other night! They were good, but they just didn’t quite reach Shake Shack quality. I’ve got my eye on this recipe from Smitten Kitchen to get my American burger fix. Also, the sauce looks like it would be delicious on just about anything.
- Favorite quote. I’ve mentioned my love of architecture, and wandering the streets of Paris I am constantly struck by the beauty and history embedded in the buildings that comprise the city.
What are some of your favorite things from this week?